Building An Alexander Teaching Corporation
- what is meant by "corporate'?: working with colleagues within a financially unified legal entity that carries the "identity" of the group and is run corporate style
- history of corporate AT: Ashley Place, ACAT, ATA London, SATA, Bloomsbury Centre, Walter's CTC, other examples - Alexander family tree useuful here.
- consumer and non-consumer/Professional market: historically, AT mostly sold to non-consumer, professional market; very little thought to consumer market.
- use of brand names: e.g. 1. Art of Swimming 2. EyeBody 3. BodyChance
- 1. & 2. above are brands based on tangents of AT; 3. example of one centered on AT, but marketing a distinctive style of teaching
- pedagogical and marketing issues: style of teaching matches lesson/group; matching teaching method to the market you are aiming
- demographic of audience: using market research to …